2021-09-25, 16:00–16:30, Room 1
LibreOffice was announced in 2010. After 10 years, it was necessary to review and update the strategy based on the evolution of the office suite market, to improve the sustainability model. Enterprises are not supporting the project as much as individual users. Over time, this can represent a threat for the sustainability of the project. We have changed our strategy to educate enterprises about the right approach to FOSS, by giving back to ensure the long term sustainability of the LibreOffice project.
Italo Vignoli is a founding member of The Document Foundation and the LibreOffice project, an Open Source Initiative (OSI) board member, and the Chairman Emeritus of Associazione LibreItalia. He co-leads LibreOffice marketing, PR and media relations, co-chairs the certification program, and is a spokesman for the project.
- Update about ODF Advocacy
- LibreOffice Technology, a FOSS platform for personal productivity
- Opening Session, with welcome address by Lothar Becker
- Open Source and Open Standards for Digital Sovereignty
- Closing Session, with closing address by Lothar Becker
- Announcement about LibreOffice Certification